Thursday 3 July 2014

Bourjois Haul & First Impressions



Last week, I dabbled into a brand that I could never get back home in Canada - so I'm bringing another UK import this time too. Bourjois is a French company that is actually available in some Pharmaprix drugstores back home, but their range is - once again - a lot smaller than what they have here in the UK. I picked up three items since they were on offer, and damn those pesky 3 for 2 deals because I can't reists them. I got the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover, the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick, and the Bourjois Liner Feutre.





I had heard great reviews about this nail polish remover and oh my god, it did not disappoint. It doesn't quite take a single second to remove the colour, but it did take less than five seconds and that's pretty impressive in my book. Plus, it doesn't have that awful polish remover smell that always makes me cough like a maniac. It also doesn't leave my nails feeling incredibly dried out or oily. They felt nourished, soft and super clean after using this magical little pot. 





I had seen this lipstick on Vivianna Does Makeup and it looked like such a nice product! I thought it were going to be really similar to the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers but they don't have that much in common. This glides on so smoothly on your lips, it gives you great coverage, and it's not at all sticky. Plus, it basically lasted all day, I only had to reapply once. It's a matte finish, which is pretty surprising since I thought this would be super glossy since it looks like a lip gloss. Logic. I really want to get the other colours, I'm obsessed with this product!








This is what I ended up picking as my free third product, since I was looking for something that was going to be useful for everyday wear. I'm obsessed with liquid liners, since I wear a cat eye flick almost every day, but I've never tried these pen-type liners. While I do like this product, I haven't completely mastered it yet. It can be hard to wipe off without any remover, so I have to be really careful when applying it. With a little practice, I'm sure this will become one of my favourite ways to apply liquid liner. It's much neat, super black, and can be used for thin/thick lines depending on how you apply it.



Have you tried anything from Bourjois?
Anything else I should pick up next time I'm in Superdrug?
These store offers will be the death of me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment