Sunday 19 April 2015

Empties #1


You wouldn't believe how long it's taken to get this post up. I've had the box of empties under my bed for months! Slowly, I've been collecting every product I finished, ending with a majority of body/bath products (makeup is so hard to finish!). I finally photographed the lot for you guys and here is the end result.


First, let's discuss some of the body care.

Vera Wang Princess Body Lotion: I got this lotion in a gift set that included the actual Princess Perfume. The lotion smelled just as lovely as the perfume, and while it was moisturizing, it wasn't exactly mind-blowing either. Would not repurchase (especially when I already have so many lotions to get through!)

Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Butter: Absolutely love this product. It smelled amazing and so moisturizing on my legs. The argan oil smells luxurious, sweet (but not too sweet) and rich. I swear it made them so much smoother than before! I went through this really quickly as I used it after every shower. The only reason I haven't repurchased it is because I have too many body lotions to get through! But I would recommend this for anyone.

Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask: Wow, I'm having a hard time remembering what this mask was like. It did have a strong blueberry smell, which I loved. This mask was refreshing and nourishing, and like most masks from Lush, I would repurchase it in a heartbeat.


Body Shop Seaweed Day Cream: Back when I was working at the Body Shop, I was recommended using the seaweed range because I had combination skin. While my skin is more on the dry side these days, this moisturizer was great at keeping my skin matte throughout the day and hydrated. I actually think the products I use these days are a bit too drying, so I've resorted to more hydrating moisturizers. Still, this was a great product and I would recommend for anyone who has combination skin.

Along the same line is the Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleaning Facial Wash: I have so many miniatures of this at home! I love taking them with me when I travel. This cleanser is pretty straight forward, but it will not remove your makeup for you. I always use either micellar water beforehand, then wash my face with this. It's lovely, again, not too drying or too moisturizing.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: This is one of my holy grail concealer from the drugstore. It works so well as covering my under eye circles, is super creamy, and doesn't settle in the lines. I absolutely love this and I've already repurchased another one. I wear shade #3 (I can't remember whether this is cool or warm medium) and it's been a really great product. The hype is real!

L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation: I have the North American packaging (which is way cuter than the UK packaging, even in spite of not having a pump). This foundation is amazing, end of. It blends in perfectly, gives me the perfect amount of coverage, and the colour selection! I don't think anyone does colour selection better than L'Oréal to be honest. If you haven't tried this yet, I seriously recommend it. Would repurchase in a heartbeat!


Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter: The Soap & Glory Righteous Butter has been a favourite of mine for such a long, long time. I actually got this when I first moved to the UK, and I've only finished it a few weeks ago! I already have a second tub which came in a Christmas S&G gift set. This is one of the best body butters on the high street and it is super affordable. Definitely repurchase!

Lush Big Sea Salt Shampoo: Oh my god, I have not professed my love for this product enough. Actually, I have a full review here. I actually completely forgot to repurchase this, but I think I'll need a trip to Lush this weekend (it's been too long). This is a great shampoo if you want more volume in your hair, and it leaves your hair feeling so silky smooth. I would recommend using it once a week, otherwise I think the sea salts could be quite drying.  

Lush Brazened Honey Mask: This mask was a bit of a letdown. I much preferred the Catastrophic Cosmetic mask if I had to choose between both. While it felt nice on the skin, it didn't really do much. Would not repurchase it.

Body Shop Vitamin E Aqau Boost Sorbet: I really enjoyed using this moisturizer in the summer because of the cooling effect it had. It always left my skin feeling very smooth, moisturized, and it sunk in quickly enough that I could put on my makeup right after. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with normal to dry skin, and I would probably repurchase (I think it's been my favourite moisturizer to date).

Do you like these kind of posts? It's like mini reviews! Although I'm not sure how I feel about keeping trash around for so long - it was a pretty awful-looking box!

0 comments:

Post a Comment