Wednesday 12 February 2014

LUSH Volcano Foot Mask & Big Shampoo

I recently stepped into LUSH a few days ago because I was dying to try out their volumizing shampoo. I bought a few things for my mom, who had been complaining about her dry feet. We decided to get the Volcano Foot Mask, which retailed for about $13 for a smaller jar. I also got my Big Shampoo, which promises to create great volume for your hair (It's labeled as Volumineux here in Quebec).



So, first, let's talk about the foot mask. I haven't tried it (yet), but my mom wasn't very impressed. She said it did make her feet softer, but it didn't work as well as the Soap & Glory Heel Genius, which I gave to her at the same time. So I don't think she would buy it again honestly. Still, I'll show you guys the process to apply the foot mask, because I found it to be like a mini-spa day when we did this.



First, you have to apply a generous amount of the clay to your feet. The mask feels very clay-like and it smells like chai tea, which I love. It's very thick, but is easy to spread all over your feet.



Then, you're supposed to wrap your feet using a plastic bag (we used some plastic wrap) to keep it from drying out.



Finally, after ten to fifteen minutes, you rinse up your feet and voila! Soft, refreshed feet. The reviews on the LUSH site are really good, so I think I'll have to give this a try myself. Who knows? Maybe I'll be sold on it, unlike my mom.





I tried the Big Shampoo, and I absolutely love it. My hair is naturally straight, so I find that it usually falls very flat on the day I wash it. It's long and thick, so it's easy for it to fall flat on my head. I decided to skip the conditioner, although I did add my Moroccan oil hair serum, which I always use after washing my hair. I found the shampoo to do exactly what it said it would,plus it left my hair feeling so silky and soft. Even at the end of the day, I didn't really see a difference, it looked just as good. Michelle, from BEAUTY.LIFE.MICHELLE, mentioned this shampoo on her blog and said to use this only once a week, since it can be a little rough on the hair otherwise. I think it'll be nice to switch up from my regular shampoo and use this sometimes.



Have you ever been to LUSH?
Every time I go there, I just want to try everything, it all smells so good.
I might be addicted, you guys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment