Tuesday 10 June 2014

Airport Adventures


Moving to a new country can be a little scary, but nothing scared me more than the flight over there. There's just something about planes that makes me very angsty and nervous. Thankfully, my entire trip went as planned, there were no late flights (we even landed a bit earlier in NYC) and lost baggage. Plus, I didn't have to pay for my extra luggage, so score! I had a pretty long flight this time around, leaving Montreal at 11:45 am local time, landing in New York at 1:15 pm, then catching a flight to Shannon at 6:00 pm, landing at 6:00 am, only to wait an hour for a 7:00 am flight to Birmingham. Let's just say I had major jet lag on my first night and slept for a really long time. The one upside? I didn't have a return ticket, which only made the journey even better.



Shot of the parents before they let me whisk off abroad. Obviously, none of the tear-filled pictures have been saved.


JFK airport, where I kept entertained with the free wifi, a burger, and some shops.




My lunch for the day because I have a deep aversion to airplane food.



I met a little bird in the terminal, which was nothing short of weird.


You guys, you have no idea how hard it was to resist buying something from the Benefit vending machine. Look at all the makeup products! I must have walked past this about three times but I didn't buy anything from it. I love the idea of vending machines that sell makeup, it's the best thing. Can you imagine a machine that sold drugstore makeup? That would be pretty great in an emergency. 

Do you have a favourite airport to travel through?
I fell in love with the Zurich airport, it was super nice and modern.
Plus, they had some of the comfiest spots to nap on, so comfy, I almost missed my flight.

1 comments: