Thursday 5 June 2014

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo & Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation


I've been going to Sephora more and more ever since I found out there wasn't one in the UK (how heartbreaking). I treated myself to two new things a few weeks ago when I was shopping with my cousin, but I only kept one. To be honest, I'm not sure if it was buyer's remorse or that the product simply didn't wow me enough for the price. Either way, I wanted to show you guys what I got and, most importantly, what I thought.



First, the Lipstick Duo from Bite Beauty. I've seen Bite in Sephora so many times and I've always been very drawn to their matte, plain packaging. It's very sleek and smooth to the touch. The lipstick colours look beautiful and very flattering, but I never bought any until today. I was swayed by those sneaky bargain bins they have on the way to the cash. To be honest, I know most of those products are overpriced for what they are, but I like trying new brands out this way. I was immediately in love with this double-ended lipstick because it had two vibrant shades that seemed super flattering on my skin colour. I love bright colours over nudes, so this was perfect for me. 


As for the product itself, it didn't disappoint. It's very long-lasting and pigmented. A single swipe is enough, although you need to go back a few time because the nib is so small (because this a mini lipstick). I would definitely buy some regular size lipsticks from Bite Beauty, but they are C$28 a pop.


Next, I got the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation which I had heard rave reviews about. To be honest, I don't think it lived up to it's C$43.00 price tag. I tried it for a couple of days, but I couldn't see the results that it promised. For a moment, I thought powder foundations wouldn't be for me but I know that's not true now. I went back to return this unfortunately because it didn't work for me at all. 


I will say this, Tarte does amazing packaging.
Have you tried anything good from Sephora lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment