Monday 29 September 2014

"Workwear" Fashion Haul - H&M, Forever 21, and The Gap


With a new job starting later this week, I had the sudden realization that I didn't really own any "office casual" clothing. Working at The Body Shop meant I could wear black leggings and a black t-shirt to work every day, super comfortable but not exactly a good base for working in an office setting. So as I heard I got the new job, I decided to treat myself by getting some new pieces that I could work at work. I managed to spend less than £40 at every store, which is a really good bargain when I've come out with seven tops and one bottom. Read below to see what I got!



As you can see, I've decided to go for a monochrome theme. In the past, I've bought workwear that was bright, colourful, and a bit too clashing. Sometimes I had one top that only worked with that one specific skirt. No more. I wanted clothes that were versatile, comfortable, and could be dressed up with accessories (the key to success, in my opinion). I wanted basic clothing that wouldn't look too fancy or too casual, and I'm really happy with that I found.


I only hit The Gap because I happened to have a voucher that gave me 20% off their sale items. To be honest, I don't think I've ever shopped at The Gap, but they're clothes scream "classic and sophisticated" to me. I managed to get three jumpers for £40, which is a bargain. I know these are made of quality material and will last me a good while. I got two short-sleeved jumpers, one in grey and one in cream (because I couldn't make up my mind) and a navy-and-white striped, long-sleeved one.


H&M have this amazing line called Modern Classics, which has tons of workwear for a really reasonable price. I got these black, skinny trousers which feel as comfortable as jeans but look a little smarter. Then I also snagged this loose-fitting grey top from their Divided line. I figured I could dress it up with a statement necklace, or tucked into a nice skirt. These two pieces were £28 altogether. I had a voucher for £5 off when you spend £30 or more, which you can get when you bring back a bag of used clothing for a donation. It's a really easy way to make space in your wardrobe, help someone in need, and a get a little something in return.


Then I hit Forever 21 because I remember from working there that their Love21 label has tons of better quality, classy pieces that can be worn in an office. I got these three tops for £30! I had an extra 10% off, so that saved me a few pennies. Again, I stuck with a monochrome look to everything because I figured that would make sure everything always matched. I love a nice graphic top, I feel like it can make a plain t-shirt shape really dressed up.

What would you recommend I get for my new wardrobe?
Any "essential" pieces I might have missed out on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment