Friday 20 March 2015

Au revoir, Paris!


This is the second installment of my Paris trip earlier this month. You catch up on all of the pretty pictures of Part 1 right here. After a long walk down the Champs-Elysés, we decided to stop for a spot of lunch in Montmartre, and we had the most beautiful view of Sacré-Coeur and had crêpes. Why are French crêpes so much more delicious than any other crêpes? I was in complete awe of the Sacré-Coeur (again, missed it the first time I went to Paris), it is such a beautiful building. I could have stood there watching it for ages.

Look at this view!





We finished our afternoon by checking out the Notre-Dame, which I'm pretty sure is one of my favourite buildings in Paris. I just love everything about it - the history, the architecture, and the fact that it was featured in the Hunchback of Notre-Dame. What I didn't know about it was that it's actually free to visit? Obviously I was too afraid of getting charged for just about anything my first time in Paris, so the boyfriend and I simply looked at it from outside for hours.



There were so many wonderful things to see inside the Notre-Dame.




We took a moment to recover from the walking and I noticed that Shakespeare & Company is literally right next to Notre-Dame. Again - how did I miss this? I feel like my first time in Paris, I was probably too overwhelmed by everything. I had heard so much about this wonderful little bookstore I had to go inside, and it was just as magical as I imagined.



Sneaked an illegal picture inside before noticing the "No pictures" sign.


Later that evening we took a night cruise around the Seine, which while very cold, was also very interesting. The cruise told us quite a bit about Paris, and it was nice to see 


On our last morning in Paris, we woke up bright and early to see the Eiffel Tower in the day time.


And that's it for Paris - until next time!

What should I visit next time I'm in the City of Lights?
Are there any restaurants you would recommend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment