Friday 6 March 2015

Valentine's Day: The Bull's Head


I'm going to lie: I fucking love Valentine's Day. Even when I was single, I loved it. It's a day that gets too much slack from all of the cynics in this world, and I don't understand why we would hate on a day that is all about love. Yes, it's commercialized, but it doesn't have to be. It's a nice day to stop, take a moment, and remember that we're surrounded by good people we love. 

The boyfriend and I exchanged gifts in the morning (a video game for him, a cookbook and scrap book for me), and then later had dinner at the Bull's Head, a lovely pub that served delicious food! It was such a treat, and the food - I cannot explain how good the food was. The service was also really great, our waiter was very lovely and attentive.


The pub has a really cute atmosphere - very quaint and cozy. Plus, it's in a rural, idyllic area of Solihull, which just made it more magical for our dinner date. I got my pint of cider - how classy, and the boyfriend had his Guinness. We both ordered the steak and yum.


I know it doesn't seem like much on the plate, but that steak was thick. So thick.


We also had a side of vegetables (delicious spinach and baby corn) and some chips. Chips and steak are always a good idea in my opinion. We spent the evening talking, eating, and drinking and I could't have asked for a better date. I definitely want to go back to the Bull's Head, especially because I am such a fan of steak. I can never cook steak as good as they do in the restaurants!



After our dinner, we took a short walk because I had spotted a beautiful estate on our way into town, and I really wanted to go and take some pictures there. Any excuse for some good #ootd shots! Although, these are not very fashion-centric pictures, as the boyfriend doesn't really have a clue when it comes to outfit pictures. He does try to get me to smile all the time though!



Just look at this church! This is why I love living the UK, you just stumble across these beautiful buildings that look like they've come from ages ago. This is apparently one of the oldest churches in the area, and we managed to go see right before the sun came down. I was telling the boyfriend to hurry up and take some pictures. After being a little model for about 10 minutes, we trekked back to our car and went home. Ideally, we would have finished the evening with a film, but the only thing playing near our place was Fifty Shades of Grey... and nobody was up for that!

Did you have a nice Valentine's Day? What did you do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment