Wednesday 18 March 2015

Bonjour, Paris!


If you had told me that I would be visiting Paris, not once, but twice in the span of two years, I would have said they were crazy! I found myself spending three days in the capital city of France at the beginning of the month, and it was just as amazing as the first time. While I visited some of the same sights as last time (this was a work-related trip, so we needed photographs of the main sights), I also got the chance to discover some new places.
We arrived late in the afternoon on the Sunday (after missing our first flight - the most petrifying thing that can happen when you're traveling), settled into our hostel (BVJ Louvre), my friend Roxane (work colleague and French babe!) and I grabbed a late dinner at a sushi restaurant by the hotel.

Our day didn't actually begin until the next morning, where we made our way to the main sights.


But not before stopping by the Louis Vuitton shop next to our hostel and gasping at the beautiful shoes neither of us can afford.



So beautiful.


As our hostel was only steps away from the Louvre, it was our first stop! I like to think I was pulling off the "cool tourist" vibe with my new Nike Roshe Runs - I love them!



While this is the second time I've been to the Louvre, but I've yet to go inside. I'm not much of an art buff, but maybe next time it'll be on the list.




We walked all the way down the Jardin des Tuileries, which look so empty compared to what it looks like in the summer months. It was actually really surprising to see the whole of Paris without hundreds of tourist everywhere, but then again it was a Monday morning in March!


We then hopped on the metro and made our way to Champs-Elysées because that's where we found the mothership - Sephora. I was a little disappointed by French Sephora though, because it turns out they only have brands we already get in the UK (except for the Sephora bran, of course). No Kat Von D, no Tarte, no BiteBeauty. I did by a few bits, but I didn't spend as much there as I did in the French pharmacies - now those are gold mines.


Cheeky shot at the Arc de Triomphe, beautiful as always.



We managed to find the tunnel that led to the Arc de Triomphe (how I missed that my first time in Paris I do not know), which gave us access to a great view of the Champs-Elysées.




Then it was back to the metro to find the Moulin-Rouge!




And this is where Part 1 of my Paris adventures will end! I actually ended up taking quite a few pictures in the three days we were there, so I've had to split everything in two posts. I can't believe I've been back in grey Brum for two weeks already - I miss you, Paris!

0 comments:

Post a Comment