Tuesday 28 October 2014

FABB Birmingham


I had the pleasure to attend #FabbBirmingham this weekend, and I'm so glad I went! If you haven't heard about the FABB events, they're blogger meetup/events that happen all over the UK. They're organized by Ray and Tor, who are a million times amazing for putting together these events. This was really fun, especially because there was a big focus on bloggers interacting with brands. I went with a few girls who I had met at the Birmingham Blogger Meetup last month, and it was so nice to see some familiar faces! I love how there's a little community in this big city, mainly because it's made moving to Birmingham a little less crazy. 

Anyway, click on the read more to see pictures from the event!

On the first floor of the event, there were 5 different brands waiting for us. The floor was a little crowded, so it took a while until I could see everything. It was really fun to be able to ask all of the brand representatives questions about how they work with bloggers, and what their products were. I loved everything at Charmed Ivy, it was all so gorgeous, and all under £8!


There was a stand from MeMeMe Cosmetics, which I had never heard of before. apparently, they've been compared to Benefit, and the products seemed to be of really high quality. They had a good variety of makeup products, including lipsticks, eyeshadows, foundations, etc. MeMeMe actually gave us an amazing goodie bag, which I think I might do a completely separate post on!






Style Edit is an online fashion retailer that will basically keep you trendy while also keeping your bank balance in check. Everything on the website is so affordable! I was slightly disappointed when I found out the smallest shoe size they carry is a 3 - where are all the size 2 shoes?! Still, I'll definitely be having look at the rest of the website, and maybe I'll do a wish list soon?



Mallzee is an app I had actually heard of before! It's basically like Tinder but for fashion, according to the Mallzee representative. I haven't downloaded it yet, but it sounded like the best app a fashin lover could get! You basically personalize your entire style, you can also "watch" certain items and see when they go on sale, and you can share your favourite items with your friends!


I didn't actually get any proper pictures of Style Skin Fur Fashion, but they had such a nice stand! They had a whole rack of items for us to try on, and we got a chance of winning a cute bag if we tweeted a picture of an item. I chose this cute furry jacket, which I would love to rock in the colder months! They had some smaller items, like faux-fur collars and handbags for those who just want to stay trendy in a more subtle way. Their online store is launching in November, so keep an eye out!


StageLine Professional is a makeup brand form Spain, they have an HD makeup range and a cosmetic skincare range. I didn't actually learn too much about the brand on the day of, but they were sweet enough to send us a little blurb about them. Apparently, "StageLine Professional has an innovative dual formula that combines micronised ‘treated pigments’ and ‘active ingredients’ that care for the skin as it is being made up, allowing it to breathe."

There was also a brand called Mistair who created an airbrush, including HD makeup, hair art, body art, nail art, and body painting! So. Much. Products. They were actually doing makeup on people who volunteered, but as I had done my whole face before coming to the event, I didn't get mine done. Maybe next time I'll bring some makeup wipes!


There were so many different sponsors at the event, it would take me ages to talk about every single brand. I took a few pictures at the event, so you'll see who was there. There was a real mixup of makeup/skincare/accessories/fashion/and more. I loved the variety, and most brands were so generous with us.



While I wasn't exactly on the hunt for any foot/nail, but I just had to mention that the guy who actually invented these was on The Apprentice UK! The boyfriend just got me into the show, so I was really excited to meet someone who had won and was actually selling his product (the pretty nifty Stylfile) now. So often, we see reality show winners and never hear from them again. 


He was a really nice guy to talk to, and he even took all of our opinions about nail products in consideration for his next product! I told him how impossible it is to remove glitter nail polish, even with the best nail polish remover in the world, so who knows? Maybe he'll crack the mystery and find the perfect solution.




Bodhi & Birch were created by Elijah Choo (who was actually there to talk about his products!), and they sell bath, body and skin care products that are eco-friendly and made in Britain. I was really impressed with the packaging of his products: sleek, simple, and beautiful. The products smelled amazing, and he had the cutest little gift bag for us.



The crew from Toni & Guy were there to give us mini blowouts/style our hair, which was so fun! I've never actually had anyone style my hair since Prom, and it was so nice to leave the event with a beautiful hairdo. They gave me so gorgeous beachy waves, which I know I will struggle to reproduce! I wish I could get the hang of curling with a straightener, but maybe that is a lesson for another day.


Look at all the bloggers!




Some of my favourite bloggers! These girls are so sweet and friendly, I definitely recommend checking out their blogs - from left to right: Emma, Ellie, and Laura! We had a nice little drink after the event, and then parted ways. It's always so nice to go to these events, because I feel like I'm surrounded with like-minded people.

Have you ever been to a FABB event?
What's your favourite thing about blogger events?

0 comments:

Post a Comment