Monday 24 February 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser


Hey Cheekies, so I am back today with a makeup product review. I'll be talking about the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, which has been available for a few months now. Initially, I was really curious about this because it was only available in Asia and we had yet to see in any of the North American/European markets. Plus, I was a fan of the Baby Lips (although not so much now because I've found better products) and I was curious where Maybelline would go with this Baby line.

But you guys.

This was such a disappointment. A lot of people have been comparing this to the Benefit Porefessional, which is supposed to be the holy grail of primer. I've never used it, so I don't have anything to compare this primer to. I've never used a primer for my face, only for my lids. I usually wear foundation, concealer, a little bit of powder on the areas that I know will get oily during the day.  

I found this primer feels really greasy on the skin, and a little tiny bit will be enough to wear all over your face. I didn't think it really changed anything in the way my skin looked? I mean, I'm not exactly a pore expert, but I thought my skin looked the same. Honestly, it was disappointing and a $12 I will never get back. Also, what's up with sudden price boost in the Canadian drugstores? Apparently this retails for about $6 in the States, I feel like I've gotten duped. You can find on special at Walmart of at drugstores, but yeah. I would rather spend my money on something else.

This is such a negative review, but I really have nothing to say about this product. The packaging is beautiful and it would be a product that I would be curious about on packaging alone. Good job, Maybelline. Other than that, it really it a product that will keep gathering dust in the back on my makeup drawer.

Have you tried the Baby Skin?
Did you love it or hate it?
I can't recommend this product to anyone sadly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment