Wednesday 19 February 2014

A Sephora Wishlist


It's that time of the month again. There's only a few weeks left until I finally apply for my UK visa and it is really time for to tighten my purse strings. I have been really good at not buying anything in the last couple of weeks, except for complete necessities. I have even walked away from a fabulous drugstore makeup sale today at the pharmacy. It's no fun, but sometimes you have to prioritize, especially when you're planning on move to another country (not a cheap project to say the least).


So, I'll apologize for not featuring a lot of new products. I will be doing some reviews, but mainly of products I've bought a while ago and I've had time to really get to know. Maybe this will push me to be creative about blog posts, since sometimes I can never think of anything witty to write.

Anyway, I decided to "pretend" splurge and went on Sephora because I'm strangely masochistic like that and I like looking at things I shouldn't buy. There's so many amazing products I wish I could try, you guys! Maybe I'll let myself splurge once I'm closer to my departure date before I move to a Sephora-less country (a fact that I am still having a hard time getting over).




1. TOO FACED Cause A Scandal - CAD$79.00

How beautiful does the palette in this kit look? Since Naked 3 I have been looking at all sorts of nude eyeshadow palettes because they are so versatile. I used to buy palettes with crazy colours, but they never get as much used as the nude ones. Plus, this kit comes with the Better Than Sex mascara, which I have been dying to try out. I've never bought anything from Too Faced, but I'm really curious about how good their products are, since they seem to be a hit in the beauty blogger community. 

2. SEPHORA COLLECTION Natural Instincts Eyeshadow Palette - CAD$17.00
Now, I've only bought Sephora eyeshadow once (a moonshadow palette) and I wasn't impressed. Honestly, I only put this on the list because the colours are beautiful and it is on sale for $17. How cheap is that? It looks like a good mix of nude colours, from warmer tones to cooler ones. I don't know how much used I'd get out of those really beige-y colours though.  

3. CLINIQUE All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette - CAD$40.00

Ugh, I have seen this on almost every beauty blog out there and I really want it. It's so beautiful and small and perfect. The price point isn't too scary, so I might actually consider buying this with my next paycheck (or not). But it looks like a great palette to take on a trip with you, because it's got a good range of light and dark shades. Plus, I've always been a fan of Clinique products, they never disappoint. 

4. TOO FACED The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette - CAD$59.00

I've heard some people mention this, I remember seeing it in a few Youtube videos. I am not a fan of the packaging, it looks a bit childish to me, but the colours look amazing. I'm a fan of the burgundy and the purple shades, because they look like they could work well in a smokey eye. Plus, you get such a large amount of product for the price, I think this could be a good investment. I might go see what it actually looks like at the store.

5. KAT VON D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Sinner - CAD$43.00

I love this palette because a) I have been a fan of Kat Von D since her days on Miami Ink and b) I have always been curious about her makeup line. The monochrome shades in this are calling my name mainly because they seem like they would perfect my smokey eye. Plus, it's got the two purple shades, and I find that colour really flattering. I might go online and find some reviews of this because I don't know how well these shadows will be.

6. TARTE Be MATTEnificent Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Eye & Cheek Palette - CAD$43.00

Ah, Tarte, it has become one of my favourite brands since I bought that eyeliner kit after the Christmas holidays. The clay formula worked so wonderfully well in the eyeliners, that I'm really curious to see how good the eyeshadows are. This seems like such a good palette to own because nobody ever makes enough matte shades. Sometimes shimmery is just too much for me. I think I'd want to check this out in stores first, because I don't know how well the lighter shades would show up on my skin.


Anyway, that's my wishlist for the moment. I doubt I'll take the plunge anytime soon, but hopefully they won't run out of stock right away. Maybe I should just pick one and invest in it?
If you had to pick one, which would you pick?
Have you used any of these? How did they fare?

0 comments:

Post a Comment