Sunday 5 January 2014

I Hate Saying Goodbye


It happened again.

We said our goodbyes at the airport in tears and walked away from each other. 

This is the fourth time in two years that we have to part and hopefully it's the last time. We promised each other that next time we see each other, it's a one way ticket. No return flight. No goodbyes. No pain.

I am so very thankful and lucky that the boyfriend was able to come over for two weeks, even if it wasn't nearly long enough. We had such a good time together, as he braved his first Canadian winter. I still remember his shock when he got out of the airport that first night and felt the cold on his face. He jumped into a pile of snow when we first got home and immediately regretted it when it got into his ear. He learned how frustrating it is to shovel your entire driveway only to have it filled again by a snowplow. We showered each other with presents, resulting in an odd competition of sorts (I won). We snuggled up in the basement with my Doctor Who blanket and a little thermal sausage dog in between us while watching holiday films. We went to the cinema four times in two weeks and watched too many films at home. We cooked some delicious meals together and didn't burn down the house. We got locked out of the house - twice. We got woken up by some smelly kisses from my dog. 

It was perfect and too short of a vacation. I didn't blog as much during this time because I was so preoccupied with taking in every moment we had together. I count myself so lucky to call him my best friend, my bubby, my tall man. My house feels extra empty when he's not here and every goodbye chips away at our hearts a bit. But we've done so good so far and we're only looking to the next time, which will hopefully be the last time we live with a deadline.

I love you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment