Wednesday 18 September 2013

My favourites: September


So my favourite month of the year is already underway (it's my favourite because it's my birthday month), so I thought it would be a good time to introduce my September Favourites. Basically, it'll be a list of all the products I've used obsessively over the last couple of weeks, or movies I've seen, or music I've heard, or anything I've been adoring. This list is completely random, but here it goes.
1. Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes

Here's a confession: I own more than one mascara, and I know I'm not the only one. Isn't fun to try out new mascara and see fi they actually do what they'll say they'll do? I don't know about you, but every time a brand comes out with the new 'best mascara in the world, it'll make your lashes grows ten times bigger and your eyes pop, oh my god it's the greatest mascara', well... I have to buy it. This one is interesting because it has a wand specifically for your upper lashes and one for your lower lashes. The lower lashes is smaller because duh, those lashes are tiny. Anyway, it's been great to use, I've been using it more than any other brand. I recommend it mainly for the lower lash brush, because sometimes it gets really annoying trying to put on mascara on tiny little lashes without poking your eye out.

2. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick Collection 



I have been using these lipstick since the summer started. It's my favourite collection, because the colours are very vibrant and rich. Plus, they are pretty moisturizing and don't smudge too quickly. I'll usually reapply only once a day. Has anyone ever found a lipstick that actually stays on all day? Let me know if you do. Anyway, these Rimmel lipsticks come in a large assortment of colours. I own quite a few, mostly a lot of pinks and a reds. My favourite summer shade was the 110, which was a really poppy, bright red, almost orange shade. It's super vibrant, but I think I'll retire it out for the fall. 

3. Jumpers

Sweaters

Oh, look at me, stealing the british slang for sweaters. It's the boyfriend who rubs off on me like that. Anyway, I used to hate wearing jumpers. For some reason I hated the fact that I couldn't take it on and off depending of the weather (unlike a hoodie) and I never wore them. I don't know what happened, but these days I'm constantly looking for that ultimate jumper. You know the one I'm talking about, it's super soft and perfectly oversized and it looks great with everything. I have a lot of jumpers, mostly with words or animals on them. I like cat jumpers, okay? They're adorable. My favourite jumper right now would have to be this creamy white one from Victoria's Secret Pink Collection. It has black faux-leather shoulder pads on it and the word PINK written in large, skinny black letters. It's very comfortable, but I'm always paranoid I'm going to stain it. It's my fear of white.

4. Military boots


Military boots


A fall staple if you ask me. I love military boots, mostly because they are so versatile. I can wear them with a pair of jeans and a sweater, or toughen up a floral dress with a denim jacket. They work as well with chunky socks or patterned tights and are generally very comfortable. I feel like no college girl should go without a pair of military boots. I own quite a few and I always feel like I don't have enough.

5. Now You See Me



I'm probably going to do a full on movie review post about this film, but I just want to say that it is amazing and everyone should watch it. It has everything I wanted in a film. A great plot that keeps you guessing until the very end, a strong cast, and an original concepts. In a summer filled with remakes and sequels (or threequels), it was really refreshing to start the fall with something truly original. Now You See Me also stars Baby Franco who is one of my top celebrity crushes, so you should watch it for him alone. Oh, and the Social Network guy actually made me take a second look.

And there's magic.

6. Fringe bags

Fringe bags

I used to have a really big obsession with fringe boots. I had a pair a few years ago, but they had to go after I used them almost every day in college. These days, I'm rocking a fringe purse from Urban Outfitters, which I got on sale for $20 a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it was from their summer collection, but I think the suede fabric and fringe help make it a good fall transition accessory. We've seen a lot of fringe during summer festival, but I think it works just as well through fall.

7. Plaid

Plaid


What fall list wouldn't be complete without a little plaid? I don't know about you guys, but I never went to private school. Maybe it was Gossip Girl, maybe it was my desire to have what I couldn't have, but I'd always been obsessed with plaid skirts. I don't actually have one (yet), but I'm on the hunt for that perfect plaid skirt. I've seen some at American Apparel and Forever 21, but nothing that I love yet. I've also seen plaid blazers, shorts, and trousers. I guess you can get plaid anything for the fall, but I'm still looking for that perfect skirt. For now, I'll settle with my plaid wellies.

8. Urban Decay High Gloss Lip Colour

I got the chance to try this out at my last visit to Sephora and I am in love. The color in these lip pencils? Lipsticks? I'm not sure what these are, but the colour is so vibrant and rich and wow. Sometimes I'll put on lipstick and be dissapointed because the shade doesn't come out as I'd imagined, but these worked so well. Also, they didn't dry out my lips as much as lipstick usually does. 

"This addictive pencil delivers all the opaque, saturated, high-impact color of your favorite lipstick and arresting high-gloss finish in one chubby pencil. A pigment-rich formula with a dynamic bright-to-neutral shade range in creamy and sparkly textures, it's the ideal way to bring a bit of high fashion to your everyday look. "


There are 8 colours to choose from, but my favourite for the fall would be Apocalypse. It's a deep, dark burgundy colours that looks very vampy when contrasted with a black cat eye on your lids, and a rosy blush. I'm also planning on buying Love Child and Crush next time I'm at Sephora.

9. Grey's Anatomy


This is a weird one but my mom and I have been rewatching Grey's Anatomy from the first season on Netflix and we're obsessed. I forgot how great the first couple of seasons were. Everyone looks so young! I can't believe the show is starting its tenth season this year, it's crazy how quickly time has passed. I was late to jump on the Grey's train because I only started watching when the show was on its fifth season or so. If you've never seen the show (where have you been living?), I definitely recommend it. It's got insane drama, a great (and beautiful) cast, and so many great lines. 

Did you say it? ‘I love you. I don’t ever want to live without you. You changed my life.’ Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in ‘cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow.

Let me know what your favourites were this month! 
Did you see any interesting film or hear a new album?

0 comments:

Post a Comment