Monday 4 April 2016

My German Wishlist

via flickr

As some of you may know, we are going to Germany this summer! The husband and I are very excited and I have been planning non-stop for our 8 days in the country. We will be flying into Munich and out of Berlin, so the middle days are still undecided. In the meantime, here are some of sights I'd really like to visit while I'm there!

Neuschwanstein
This is pretty much the number one reason why I want to visit Germany. I love castles, and this seems like the ultimate castle to visit. It inspired Disney’s Cinderella Castle and it looks like a fairytale come true.

via flickr

Museum Island in Berlin
I feel like I wouldn’t have a clue where to start on Museum Island. I’m not sure which museum I’d visit yet, any suggestions? This UNESCO World Heritage Site is so unique, it’s a cultural visit I can’t miss.

via flickr

The Berlin Wall
Once I see the Berlin Wall, I will spend probably the next 5 hours looking at the different murals and never leave. I’ve seen so many cool pictures of the murals, I hope it’s as impressive as I think it is.


via flickr

Rakotz Bridge, Kromlau
Just look at this bridge. Doesn’t it look magical? I associate Germany with everything fairytale and dreamy, and this is right up there. I love how this forms a perfect circle with the right conditions.

via flickr

Nymphenburg Palace
I just love anything that’s a castle/palace/manor/etc, let’s be real. I was all over those in Copenhagen, and I think it’ll be the same in Germany.

via flickr

Cologne Cathedral
Germany has so many pretty churches and cathedrals! I do love beautiful buildings and this one looks very impressive.

via flickr

Checkpoint Charlie
A must-do in Berlin! I once saw an excellent film about the fall of the Berlin Wall (Goodbye Lenin!), and I've been obsessed with learning more its history and the way people lived back then. This was the crossing point between East and West Berlin, and is probably one of the most famous sights in the city.


via flickr

Dresden Day Trip from Berlin
I absolutely love doing little day trips while I’m based in a city. We’ve done Bruges from Brussels, and there’s apparently a lot you could see form Berlin in just a day. Dresden looks really pretty, and I just love to wander around pretty places.


via flickr

Heidelberg
My friend who lives in Germany for her year abroad recommend we stop here between Munich and Berlin. I don't know anything about Heidelberg, other than it's known as a Uni town, but it looks beautiful!

Have you been to Germany?
What else should I visit in the country?
No art museums, please! I never get anything out of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment