Tuesday 3 December 2013

Andrea's 18th Birthday Dinner


A couple of weeks ago, I went to my baby cousin's 18th birthday. I say baby cousin as a joke, because she's - oh my god - eighteen now which means I've gotten really old. Didn't I turn 18 not too long ago? I still feel 18, mentally. Anyway, we went to L'Academie, a restaurant that's situated in the same mall I worked at for a couple of years. It's a good restaurant, it's got a bit of everything to please everyone. The prices are decent enough that you won't break your wallet by going there. Plus it's bring your own wine, which is always a plus. 
Anyway, the whole family was there, all decked out in some lovely outfits. Plus, I included my outfit shots of the night below.







The birthday girl.






I had such a great time at the dinner party. It was great to catch up with everyone and the food was great. We're still being sat at the 'kids' table' although there aren't too many kids left on it. After dinner, we went back to Andrea's for some dessert and birthday shots! Props to my cousin, because she can already take shots better than I ever could. I still remember my eyes watering and my throat burning after my first shot. I hated it so much, I never wanted to take another drink.

And then I started university and everything changed.

But that's a story for another day.



I am completely in love with this leopard print dress from Urban Outfitters. Plus, it was on sale for 19$! I definitely want to get the other prints, because the fit on this dress is perfect. My booties were a pair of lace-up heels from Next (in the UK) if I'm not mistaken. I bought them over two years ago, but they're so difficult to walk in! I also got this fabulous floppy, black hat from Target the evening before the party. 

Do you ever get a horrible sense of 'holy crap I'm old'?
It's kind of awful, but it also gives you perspective in my opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment