Thursday 14 August 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag: Country Break Edition


I am currently writing this from Johnston, Wales, the quaint little town where the boyfriend is from. We've taking a little break from Birmingham and have come up here for a few days until Sunday evening. As I packed for this 5-day break away from the city, I tried to reduce my makeup bag to the bare essentials - a good practice run before our week-long holiday in Spain in September. After all, you don't want to take too much makeup when you're away, right?



For a base, I decided to forgo the heavy coverage foundation for something lighter - a BB cream. I've brought my Garnier BB Cream, which I am still completely in love with since it color corrects my entire face and hides any small blemishes. I've also got my Collection long Lasting Concealer in 3 Warm Medium for my undereye circles, it's the best dark circle concealer I've had so far.

I've stuck to one single blush for the time being (although I'll probably bring a blush palette to Spain), and that is the mini NARS Super Orgasm Blush. I wish they made more blushes this size, because it's so travel-friendly. I've also brought along with retractable blush brush from Sephora, which is so much smaller than my RT one.


For eyes, I decided to bring this eyeshadow trio from Almay, in spite of me probably not wearing much shadow while I'm here. It's the Almay Intense I-Color in 401 Smoky-i for Browns. I also brought an eye duo I trust for the perfect cat eye, which is my Bourjois Liner Feutre Ultra Black and my Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion. The eyelash curler is a no-brainer, and I'll have this Body Shop Super Volume Mascara on my lashes. I brought along two eyeshadow brushes, one from my UD Naked 2 palette, and one from Ecotools. I've also got the Milani Easybrow for my brows, the only product I'll ever use.

What do you bring in your makeup for a short holiday?
Do you think I've packed too much?
Any suggestions for what to bring for a beach holiday?

0 comments:

Post a Comment